Monday, February 3, 2014

Writing is like a Roller Coaster

To me, writing is very much like being on a roller coaster. Sometimes you’re up. Sometimes you’re down. Sometimes you’re thrown for a loop. And don’t get me started on waiting in that long line. (It is a long, tiring wait).

Just like a roller coaster, one never knows which way the “ride” of writing is going to go. It could be left, right or upside down. And just when you think you have it all figured out, you’re thrown for another loop.

As hard as this may seem, it is all part of the process. Writing is not easy. It is not predictable. It is not something you can plan out in a neat and orderly to-do list. It is something that takes time, effort, and a lot of hard work. It is something that one must love in order to wait in that line day after day after day.

I, for one, wait in this line everyday. And when I do get on the ride, I never know where it is going to take me. But I enjoy it anyway. I love to write. I want to write. I have to write. And if the only way to achieve my goals is to be up, down and all around, then so be it. This is what I love.

So bring on the roller coaster. I’m ready for another ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment