Friday, March 28, 2014

Why the Bathtub is My Writing Friend

As a mother of young children, finding time to write can often be a difficult and impossible task. That is why one must be creative in order to get creative. I have found that the bathtub is just the thing for me. My son loves the bath. So much so, that he will often stay in there for over an hour. Now you might think that I would use this time to clean the pile of dishes in the sink. Nope. Or maybe I would tackle that pile of wrinkled laundry that has been sitting in the basket for a week. Nope. Or maybe I would take the time to actually mop the floors. Wrong again. I use that time to write. The dishes can wait. The laundry can acquire more wrinkles. And clean floors are overrated. But time by myself to write, that is precious; and I have to take advantage of every opportunity I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment